Lots of people LOVE living here in Southern Nevada. It has some major advantages over other parts of the country. Personally I think there are a LOT more pros than cons, but obviously it’s not for everyone.
Here are a few of the best things about living in Las Vegas:
- Financial. The cost-of-living is much lower than many other major cities.
- No state income tax. Gotta love that!
- Outdoors lifestyle. If you like outdoor activities it’s tough to beat Vegas. The options are practically unlimited.
- Entertainment/food/shopping. The Vegas Strip has several of the top resorts in the world, with amazing shows, delicious gourmet restaurants, and high-end shopping options. It’s almost impossible to be bored in this city!
- The climate. Vegas has great weather for most of the year. It’s a warm weather city and one of the sunniest places on the planet.
A few of the “not so great” things about living in Vegas:
- The heat. It gets very hot here for about 3 months out of the year (July-September), so if you can’t stand sweating this probably isn’t the best place to live.
- Public schools. The Clark County public school system is ranked very low nationally. Not great for families, but luckily there are some really good private schools.
- Crime. Vegas has its fair share of crime, especially in certain neighborhoods. But, like any city, it’s not hard to avoid the bad areas and limit your risk of becoming a victim.
What do you think? Feel free to contact me and let me know if you have any questions about living in Southern Nevada!
Check out my video on this subject below: